Ember's Erotic Romance

Monday, April 09, 2007

Goals hate me



Okay, so I set up a few goals I wanted to accomplish and I started out with a bang.
Then one thing after another has conspired against me and the writing has come
to a complete halt. Yes, I mean totally. Not a word written and I'm beating myself
up while trying to keep up with everything else going on in my personal life.
Now, as some of you may know, I have three boys and all three of them have a
serious health issue which I must stay on top of continously. No, I'm not
complaining at all, they're my life and I'd do anything for them, I just seem
to have lost track of getting everything done in a day. I've lost my multi
tasking gene and I'm so paying for it. In an effort to keep up with the million
and one things I have to accomplish everyday I've sacrificed sleep and I'm
paying the price for it. I've had a migraine for three days, I'm so sick to my
stomach I can't eat and I'm barely dragging my ass out of the bed every
morning. For me that's a big deal and I hate it. Some days I just feel like
the world and fate are conspiring against me and trying really hard to
tell me something. Ahh, maybe I need to give up the writing, but I
just refuse to listen. Writing is who I am. It's my time to do something
for myself and I think I damn well deserve just a little time out of
everyday to do something just for me.
So, the point of this little rant? I've learned not to set up goals for myself.
From now on I'll just go with the flow and hopefully, as it has in the past,
I will accomplish again.
And for your reading pleasure:

Gothic Blue - coverGOTHIC BLUE - Portia Da Costa

'What are you going to do to me?' Belinda asked defiantly. 'Beat me or something?

Smack my bottom? I'm sure that's what you decadent aristocrats live for - a chance to humiliate the lower orders.' Even as she was speaking, this idea - which should have seemed horrendous - was becoming highly exciting.

At an archduke's reception, a handsome young nobleman falls under the spell of a malevolent but irresistible sorceress.

Two hundred years later, Belinda Seward also falls prey to sensual forces she can neither understand nor control. Stranded by a thunderstorm at a remote Gothic priory, Belinda and her boyfriend are drawn into an enclosed world of luxurious decadence and sexual alchemy.

Their host is the courteous but melancholic Andre Von Kastel; a beautiful aristocrat who mourns his lost love. He has plans for Belinda - plans which take her into the realms of obsessive love and the erotic paranormal."Above all else, Gothic Blue is a romance. There are plenty of supernatural elements, and more than plenty erotic interludes. Portia Da Costa does many things very well: plot, characterisation and (in the case of this title) she injects a credible suggestion of the supernatural in a realistic world. She's renowned for writing sex scenes that are so hot they sizzle and, in Gothic Blue, she does not disappoint." ~ Ashley Lister, Erotica Readers and Writers Association"Packed with sex and kink, this is a novel that still retains a mysterious and powerful air. A hint of the supernatural is mixed with a fun gothic setting as a tale of intertwining romances is told by Da Costa with aplomb. A highly recommended novel" ~ E.T.O – Issue 44 March 07"the sex is relentlessly intense!" ~ ForumISBN 0352330759Originally published by Black Lace in 1996 - new reprint April 2007 [US]Read an excerpt at Portia's Prose [NB. excerpt is NC 17 and suitable for adults only]Gothic Blue is available from Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com
PORTIA DA COSTAintense.passionate.erotic.romancehttp://wendyportia.blogspot.comhttp://www.portiadacosta.com

Posted by embersinclair :: 6:46 AM :: <

Links to this post:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------


© Ember's Erotic Romance 2005 - Template by Caz.